A root canal is the space between the root and the tooth. If the pulp tissue or nerve inside your tooth becomes inflamed or infected, it can become tender and you may need a root canal procedure. The most common cause is tooth decay, but other causes include trauma, multiple fillings, or a tooth needing a crown.
At Doha Specialized Dental Center, we use the most up-to-date procedures, so your experience is as comfortable as possible
1. Diagnosis by clinical examination and x-ray
2. Opening the root canal under local anesthesia.
3. Diseased pulp is removed, canals are cleaned and shaped.
4. Canals are then filled permanently with a tapered rubbery material called guttapercha and sealed.
5. Placing a crown on the tooth to prevent fracture.
Sometimes root canal surgery is needed when a regular root canal treatment cannot be done or when it has not worked. Surgery is done to:
Questions, issues or concerns? I'd love to help you!