Call Us - Doha
Fillings help restore teeth damaged by decay back to their normal function, and can prevent further decay. Your dentist will consider a number of factors when choosing which type of filling material is best for you. These factors include the extent of the repair, where in your mouth the filling is needed and the cost.
Most people need at least one dental filling in their lifetime. Fillings are most commonly used to treat cavities. They’re also used to repair cracked or broken teeth, or teeth that have been worn down over time.
At Doha Specialized Dental Center, we use all the latest techniques and equipment to help make the experience as comfortable as possible. And once your treatment is complete, we’ll talk you through how to keep a healthy mouth in the future.
Steps in the process
- Dental examination of the decay- once this done the process in discussed and explained
- Next, your dentist will use either a drill, abrasion sander, or laser to remove tooth decay. If your dentist uses a drill, he/she will also make use of different sized burrs, or drill bits to remove the decayed tooth material- Anesthesia if needed
- As your dentist works to remove the decay, he/she will probe the area to make sure all of the damaged tooth material is removed.
- After all the decay is removed, your dentist will prepare the tooth to accept a filling. This procedure will be different depending on the material used.
- Depending on the depth of the cavity, your dentist may also install a liner to cover the tooth pulp. This liner is usually made of glass, zinc oxide, and resin. It may also contain eugenol and fluoride.
- Once the cavity is fully prepared, your dentist will mix the fillingand bond it to your teeth. Once this hardens. Your tooth will be polished making sure any rough surfaces are removed
This depends on individual patient. Generally 1 or 2 days for the entire treatment